Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Invitation to a wedding celebration!

    April 30, 2023 in India ⋅ 🌙 70 °F

    We were invited this evening to an Indian pre-wedding ceremony in the neighborhood right outside the palace hotel where we are staying!! Our driver/guide is friends with a man who lives in the neighborhood that was celebrating the wedding and he invited us to come eat dinner and see the celebration!

    This was a dinner and celebration held the night before the actual wedding, and just for family and close neighbors. The groom does not take part in this event. The food was amazing of course, and they invited US up on stage between dancing acts, which was a bit embarrassing but also an honor. That way we were able to meet the bride and give her our best wishes.

    Our host then took us to meet his parents up in their room in their 100-150 year old house, and then up onto the roof for the view. This neighborhood reminded me of being in Venice - skinny maze of roadways-alleys that cars couldn’t fit in, and the bottom floor walls of the 3-4 story buildings/houses were two feet thick.

    This is just one more experience on this trip that we will never forget!
    Read more