Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 23

    Day 23: Duck again?

    14 de janeiro, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌙 73 °F

    Remember those days back home, when each meal just seemed like a rinse and repeat from the meal the day before?

    It was two days ago (Day 21, 1/12/2024) we had our first experience at The Chef’s Table. You can read that footprint of the details of a wonderful meal. I have no pictures of our meal again on Day 23. “You know - it just gets kinda of redundant, five course meal, 4 great wines, duck, crème brûlée, cheesecake.

    However, tonight’s dinner was very different. Orlando & Deirdre, from Colorado Springs joined Donna and I at the Chef’s Table. Funny thing is they too had the same meal two days earlier as well.

    Orlando is retired Air Force (27 years), and Deirdre retired O.R. nurse. The places we are traveling to are amazing, the people we are meeting along the way continue to make this journey the best thing Donna & I have ever done. We talked about our families, grandchildren - they have 3 - we have our first on the way in March. Ton’s to talk about we are all products of the 70’s …

    So, “Yes!” We had to have duck again in the same week. This time we got to meet a wonderful couple — I am sure we will share a couple of more meals on our voyage.

    After dinner we were entertained by Travis Cloer of Broadway ‘Jersey Boys’ fame at the Star Theater. Travis is a great story teller and has a voice with a power range. He brought back 50s, 60s, and 70s memories through song.

    Donna & I continue our binging of Downton Abbey, so another episode - then off to bed after 11:00PM. A late night.

    “Cruising is such hard work.”

    #myvikingjourney #vikingNeptune #travisCloer #myVikingStory
    Leia mais