Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Adventure of a Lifetime!

    October 2, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    We have been home now for almost 2 weeks and today is Oliver's 10th birthday… seems like as good a day as any to post one final message.

    First of all, Happy 10th Birthday to our youngest traveler Oliver. He was a trooper, a performer and a source of laughter for our entire 82 days of travel. The things he saw before his 10th birthday would make many envious, and hopefully many more impressed. He has already had the chance to present his adventure to his grade 5 class, and is working on another assignment based on part of our trip. We hope he remains inspired to travel, explore and be adventurous... and to always share, his joy, his humour and his heart. On to double-digits and whatever comes next.

    And finally, The Traveling Ryan Family... staying local for a while. Looking forward to reminiscing, sharing and getting back to normal. Thank you again for the kind words and appreciation, we consider ourselves so fortunate to have been able to dream, plan, and complete this adventure and to share a taste of it with all of you.

    Following a few more minor tweaks and a very last spellcheck we will be formatting this blog into a hardcover scrapbook and sending it to print. Feel free to come visit and flip through the pages.

    Here is to the end of this Adventure of a Lifetime!
    Read more