Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 48

    Mt Elizabeth Station and Warla Creek

    19 Haziran 2023, Avustralya ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We’re up at Mt Elizabeth station for a few nights, so we decided to check out the local creek. A sweet little spot, though outshone by some of the other attractions in the area, so not busy at all.

    The trek in was rough, and cost us a tyre - a stealthy rock in the grass slashed the side wall, and it went down pretty quickly after that.
    It meant we could try out the fancy puncture repair kit, which worked really well. (Far better than expected)
    Pumped it back up, and away we went!

    Mt Elizabeth is known for its dinners - all booked out though, with an unexpected booking in the hotel, so not for us. They had several people missing in the end, due to tyre troubles on their way to the station. Made us feel a bit better - everyone struggles on this road.

    A quiet dinner at home then, plus changing to a proper tyre that night (the patched one becomes the spare for now), then a few marshmallows by the fire and off to bed.

    We decided the other gorge at the station, which was described as ‘extreme 4wd’ to access wasn’t worth the effort and possible damage, so we will pack down in the morning, and head off to Manning Gorge instead.
    Okumaya devam et