Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Mount Olympus (by Andrew, as dictated)

    September 20, 2022 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 41 °F

    Mount Olympus is in Greece and is the tallest mountain in Greece. At the top of Mount Olympus is where the Olympian Greek gods, like Zeus, Hera, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes (is the messenger god and he brings all the dead people to the underworld to live with Hades. I really like him because he’s the god of tricksters), Ares, Athena, Poseidon, and Hades, live. Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon are the big three, because they destroyed Kronos, Zeus’s dad, because Kronos was a bad guy. Kronos’s dad is Ouranos and Ouranos said to all the titans, whoever can kill me, will be the titan lord and Kronos was the littlest of all of them, but he stood up and killed his father. Now he’s the titan lord, the most powerful one.

    The first day of hiking there was a lot of horse manure (aka mule manure). We hiked zigzag up for around 2.5hrs and then for the last 40 minutes, we just hiked up to the refugee. We took two stops on the way and we picked some stuff off the trees that were kind of like candy grapes/cherries. They were delicious. Our hiking partner, Anastasia, got a whole bag full of them so we could have them along the hike.

    On day 2, we hiked about 3.5-4hrs. We hiked up to a part where there was a steep ridge and there was a lot of wind. Some of us got scared, especially mom. We climbed two peaks, one while we were hiking and the other when we got to the refugee. The refugee was at 2700+m (e.g., 9000+ft in altitude). There was a nice little path to a peak where Anastasia, mom and me hiked, which was about 10-15 mins.

    Day 3. We stopped at a refugee and got a drink on the way down. Daddy said his knees on the stairs felt like every time he took a step someone opened a pocket knife, put it in a fire, and stabbed it into his knee. It took us 7.25-7.5hrs to get to the bottom.

    I wouldn’t want to go to the top again, but I would want to go to the first refugee because it was in the shade and everything.
    Read more