Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    More Exploring

    October 23, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Today there wasn’t much breeze so we decided to explore a few more beaches to the north. We were disappointed on finding after driving quite a long way to Etty Bay, only to discover the whole area is dog free so we couldn’t even let Cadbury out of the car. Gadi had hoped to see Cassowary birds as we’d been told there were a lot in this area, but there none at the beach. On our way out we were very lucky to see a mumma and her chick and got some good close up pics.

    Next we decided to explore the inland town of Innisfail (only 4km inland from the sea) a bit more and found a table with shade in a park to eat some cold fruit and homemade cake for lunch.

    Give the heat we did a drive than walk by of the old impressive heritage listed buildings in town and ended up stopping at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers to see lots of boats docked on either side.

    We drove back to our little home on wheels via Kurrimine Beach, again no dogs allowed, and we checked out some of the caravan parks there.

    Late afternoon we headed to the beach for a swim, with Cadbury happy to stay next to our towels and keep guard. I didn’t last very long in the water after someone called out they could see a large stingray nearby. Gadi was happy to keep on swimming for a while.

    We made an easy dinner of heating up a quiche on the Weber with some roasted pumpkin, corn on the cob and salad. We sat outside for a long time, with our multi coloured candle holder, enjoying the sight of the white capped waves as they washed up to shore in front of us, highlighted by the bright moon above.

    We tore ourselves away eventually to shower away the sand and salt and chill out indoors.

    Night night, just another day in paradise!
    Read more