Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Wonderland Retreat 🧘‍♀️ 🙏🏻

    November 1, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Yoga retreat 🧘‍♀️;
    Our next destination was the perfect place to heal up - Wonderland . It’s an all inclusive vegan + yoga + wellness retreat. Jeroen was most excited 😂 Okay, just joking, of course this was Charlys dream stay. In the end we agreed that 3 nights is the happy medium. Charly had researched it a year prior when looking for yoga retreats and Thailand and procrastinating studying. Hence expectations were high. We arrived a bit early and were even allowed to eat lunch from the breakfast - lunch buffet. All vegan and homemade health food with some more western - middle eastern influence it was a nice change.
    Apart from the vegan buffet and yoga they had a full itinerary with meditation and other activities. Charlys favourites were of course Yoga, Capoeira introduction and Aerial Silk Yoga. Jeroen enjoyed peace and quite in our room and the private pool. A surprising highlight was the Turkish steam bath - you would think why have a sauna just go outside - but after our cold this was really helpful - cold plunge included. It rained most of the day but since we were in the middle of the jungle we didn’t mind. One night we thought we had cows in front of our window but it was in fact bullfrogs mating calls - very very loud.
    Charly loved it and would have stayed longer, while Jeroen was happy that Charly was happy. It’s not for everyone.

    We felt better towards the end of our stay and were excited to go back to our favourite island - Koh Tao- and finish our diving course
    Read more