Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Fun Day on the Water

    May 27, 2022 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Today we had a beach day. The beach is only a 5 minute walk, so after breakfast we head over to get some chairs under umbrellas and plan to spend the afternoon here. The beach is fine sand and very hot!!! The water is nice for me but Laura finds it cool. I’m going to say about 20 Celsius. I head out for a swim. I haven’t been in the water swimming for quite a while and it shows. I’m a little out of shape and can’t swim as far as I used to. I am however, a floater. I can float a good long time. The problem with this is that even with sunscreen you have to watch or you’ll end up burnt.
    We have some lunch on the beach. Nothing really to special, grilled ham and cheese and a glass of white wine for me. The girls pick their own. After lunch, they go rent paddle boards. Neither one of them have been on them and it shows. Laura manages to stay up but Nicole struggles with this and ends up in the water a couple of times. They have fun and that is the important part. Even though they had sunscreen on and reapplied when they went in both girls got some sunburn on them. They come home and slather on the aloe.

    We had to rent a car for tomorrows tour. We get it in the early evening and Laura drives us into Heraklion for dinner. We have found a gluten free restaurant where Laura can have a decent meal. It takes about 20 minutes to get there and have to go around a couple of times to find the place. The Google maps directions aren’t the best and the streets are more like donkey paths. Not to mention the traffic. Laura does an excellent job of getting us there and back.

    We eat at a place called Amalia’s Kitchen. They have so many gluten free options, Laura is in seventh heaven. Check out our plates below. We sit outside because it is a beautiful night again. Once we are done, we head back home. It is quite late, so I’m off to bed and the girls stay up to chit chat.
    Read more