Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    #3 Lighthouse Bay

    August 7, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Repeat: One of the most beautiful snorkeling and diving sites in a long time. Just incredibly beautiful.

    Lighthouse bay is brimming full of coral formations providing an ideal home for many of the common reef fish we see on Koh Tao.

    You can expect to see Weibels Butterfly fish, Lined-Butterflyfish, Beaked Coral fish, a variety of colorful Parrotfish, Red Breasted Wrasse and the One Spotted Snapper with a variety of Groupers including the Hexagon Grouper.

    Lighthouse bay is packed with Toadstool soft corals, Barrel Sponges and Christmas Tree Worm, massive Mottled corals and hundreds of Damsel fish and Sergeant Majors hiding out in the large patches of staghorn corals.

    Lighthouse bay offers an abundance of Sea Anemones attached to the big boulders, which are home to Pink Anemone fish.

    You will see large schools of Yellow Tail Barracuda swimming off around massive corals and if you look closely, you may see a Scorpion fish camouflaged into their background.

    Swim out north of Lighthouse bay and you will find a large pinnacle covered in marine life and it is only a 5-minute swim from the bay and you will see lots of Nudibranch and Wart Slugs on the way.
    Read more