Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Port Noarlunga - Myponga

    July 24, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Sleeping in a little later each day now must be too comfortable. Today, we get to catch up with Jen's lifetime friend Jenny from Auckland, who has lived here in Adelaide for over 20 years now. An extended coffee at The Flour Coffee Shop allows for some reminiscing by all present before heading off to Becks Bakery for lunch, where we all chatted some more.

    After lunch and a sad hoorah to Jenny, we headed off to nearby Myponga, home of The Smiling Samoyed brewery which is situated on the banks of the Myponga Dam, a wildlife refuge and pine forest with a plethora of walking tracks. After sampling the brews, we took a couple of hours, taking in the serenity of the walking tracks amongst kangaroos, black swans, and other bird life. A very peaceful and beautiful part of the world indeed.

    We headed back to Port Noarlunga, only this time we had clear weather and caught the spectacular views of The Fleurieu Peninsular and the Gulf of St. Vincent and the setting sun.

    Back home to Darryl's, quiche, Rusty Mongrels, and wine for dinner and then relaxation. Cheers!
    Read more