Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 27

    Vodafone mobile coverage debacle

    14. lokakuuta 2022, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    When we first landed, Col spied a Vodafone kiosk at Brisbane airport. He shot in and 20 mins later emerged with an Aussie sim and number.

    Great we thought, comms should now be affordable and problem free….

    Only they weren’t problem free. Wifi on the campsites turned out to be sporadic and mobile signal non existent. Very frustrating for us, as we like to exist in an online world.

    At this stage we thought the connectivity issues were the same for all, so when we saw another Vodafone shop I bought an ‘e-sim’ to doubly cement our fate.

    It wasn’t until we were on our 6 hour drive, with no connectivity for most of it, that we realised something had to done. Had we broken down, we’d have been in deep trouble.

    We needed to call our campsite to say we were going to be late, and a very kindly person in the petrol station dialled for me on her phone! (This was after she’d stopped laughing when we said we were on Vodafone 🫤)

    Fast forward to Rockhampton, and we waltzed straight into a Telstra shop, trashed our Vodafone rubbish (sadly, losing about $100 of pre-paid).

    We are now fully connected, which is both useful (safer) and one less hassle to contend with!

    Moral of the story: when travelling, choose the country’s mobile provider 😁

    Update: a few days on and Telstra defo way to go, we have a good signal everywhere, and much of the time 5G 😊
    Lue lisää