Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Sayonara Sydney

    April 13 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    So we spent yesterday morning (which I think was Friday 🤪) at Circular Quay. Here you get to savour the iconic Sydney: the bridge and the Opera House (and the obligatory mega cruise ship, belching out pollution, which sort of spoils the view!)

    Lucky us, it was yet another fab sunny day. Just a few days before we got here, there’d been terrible rain, so somehow we’ve managed to dodge bad weather again as we have for the last two months!

    We walked a LOT of steps yesterday, so needed to take it easy today as our walking devices were seriously achy! Having said that we were drawn by an invisible thread towards the Opera House. We’re lucky enough to have seen it before, but it never fails to wow when you clap eyes on it again. It’s so beautiful in form, the way it glows and reflects the sun and its location.

    We then jumped on a ferry taking us to Watsons Bay. Had no idea what was there, but when you’re next to the largest natural harbour in the world, you have to get on a boat! (Coincidentally, Poole is the 2nd largest natural harbour!)

    We had a stroll around Watsons Bay, which had some stunning harbour side places. I even picked the one I’d live in (in my dreams).

    We then walked (or in my case hobbled) towards the edge of the harbour bridge, to see it from another perspective.

    Looking at the clock, and having broken our promise of not walking too much, it was time to take the train back to the grim hotel. Saying goodbye to the receptionist, the only positive thing about the hotel, we picked up our bags and took a cab to the airport.

    The rest of the pm and night were taken up with repetitive airport duties, and the much anticipated 14hrs + flight to Dubai, which signalled the start of our return to the northern hemisphere 🙁
    Read more