Satellite
  • Day 17

    Goodbye Austria... Hello Czech Republic

    August 22, 2019 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Our last day in Vienna started really early with breakfast at the hotel then we went to the train station to drop off our bags.

    We walked to the Upper Belvedere first, which houses some of the most iconic art from the past century including The Kiss by Gustav Klimt.

    Next we got on the bus and headed to the House of Music 🎶 with many interactive exhibits. We easily could have spent 4 hours inside, but we didn’t have the time because we had one entrance ticket left on our Vienna FlexiPass, but only 2 hours to use it, so we got back on the bus and went to the MOMOK - the Vienna Museum of Modern Art.

    It wasn’t as good as we hoped, because a lot of the exhibits were just tooo modern and the stuff we wanted to see, the Lichtensteins and Warhols, were in the archives and not on display. There was some good stuff there though.

    Finally we got back on the bus and went to the train station where we boarded the train to Prague and we’ve just crossed the border into the Czech Republic 🇨🇿. We’ll arrive in Prague just after 21h for the final couple of days of our trip before flying home on Sunday morning.
    Read more