Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Wish I could stay...

    October 8, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    I'm actually leaving weld just to find somewhere that I can get internet and not have to drive to get it. Don't know where that will be but I'm driving now.
    JeepWhiz has been just fantastic. Not a lot of places to take it since the roads are nearly impassible here, having grown in, with locked gates everywhere so no traffic to help keep anything clear. But there's new land here I havent explored, so good roads and views must be somewhere, and just bombing around on West Brook and Byron road has been very pleasant on these beautiful days.
    One safety note: the bridge that goes to the lot on Tumbledown stream, off West Brook rd, the one the house burned down on, has a cable across it (not visible enough) without any kind of lock. The problem is that bridge beyond it is just solid enough to maybe support a car going accross it but most likely would collapse. So it may tempt someone to drive onto it. The cable needs a lock and or the bridge needs signage or outright replacing. It is a major attractive nuisance.
    Photo: "Amber Alert". It's been over 23 years since Maine's first Amber Alert. We had our second one two days ago lol. No one really reported a kid missing, more like someone needed emergency care and complained the sitter hadn't brought the kid back yet. The sitter brought the kid back. And that was Maine's second Amber Alert. Welcome to Maine!
    I don't want to leave here at all but really need a break from the lack of internet and cellular service.
    Read more