Satellite
  • Day 6

    Inverness

    April 20, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Once again we arrive at the city airport, bus station, train station, you name it, with only a vague idea of where our accommodation is. Dianne’s last word on the subject was “ I want to be near the train station.” We are at the bus station, but I think it’s close. We have the name of the hotel, the Heathmount, and internet access. Dianne’s phone draws a map and mine is used as a compass. We walk through the streets of Inverness staring at our phones. It doesn’t take long before Dianne reminds me that she wanted to be close to the train station. A bit of irony could be noticed here. We just took a bus to Glencoe so we could do some hiking, now we are hiking through the the city and that’s a problem? True, we are dragging all of our precious belongings with us and we don’t exactly know where we are going but whatever.

    It isn’t long before we see a hotel sign Heathmont. Dianne recalls now that she OK’d this hotel before I booked it. As we approach we see a lively sun room that is well attended by the Friday after work crowd. The pub at least is a popular spot. Dragging our bags up the steps we find that reception for this abode is at the bar. Interesting. The last time I checked in at the bar of a hotel was in Malone New York about 27 years ago. Dianne and I had all four kids with us and we were desperate. We are not so desperate now. We both reserve judgment until we see the room. It is newly renovated and quite comfortable. We have coffee and a four poster bed. Might not be too bad.
    Read more