Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Boy are we tired!

    April 7, 2022 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    We arrive at 10ish like we planned, hoofed it to the train station, with some help managed to get 2 tickets to central station where we did some more research and came up with 2 - 3 day local transport tickets. After only one small detour we located our hotel. Our room looked a pretty good size on the website but is the size of a postage stamp! Tom says is will be like camping! We unpacked and went out for a walking adventure! And wasn’t that fun!
    The wind is blowing a chilly 51km which makes it difficult to enjoy the sites! The flower market sells every kind of bulb you could ever want.
    Dianne and I went for an extra tram ride in the afternoon because we have a three day pass. I wanted to get my money’s worth. We got on the number 24, as it stops right out in front of out hotel. We rode that tram until we started to loose confidence that we could find our way back, about 20 minutes. We found a market here and got some snacks for later and dragged our butts back to the tram, hoping to be able to make our way back to the hotel. Success!
    We recognized our stop and are back in our small room eating snacks.
    It is hard to stay awake. Dianne has the remote control for the TV and when I ask her to change the channel, she agrees to but fails to deliver because she has fallen asleep before she can push the button. I wake her up, and ask again. This time she pushes the wrong button and falls asleep again. Obviously I will have to take the remote control for myself.
    Read more