Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 18

    Crazy House

    28 Februari, Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We stayed at the Sammy hotel which is right around the corner from a famous landmark, the Crazy House. Our guide warned us that it was very steep with lots of steps and he was not kidding. Super super cool, and the creator Lady Nga actually still lives there, she is 84, and you can stay there as a hotel. A bit of history:

    The Crazy House in Dalat, Vietnam is a unique architectural attraction that holds significant cultural and historical value. Created by Vietnamese architect Đặng Việt Nga, it stands as a testament to her artistic and creative vision. The house, officially known as Đà Lạt Hang Nga Guesthouse, is renowned for its unconventional design and fantastical elements.

    The Lady Đặng Việt Nga, a daughter of Trường Chinh (a former President of Vietnam), envisioned the Crazy House as an embodiment of her passion for art and nature. Inspired by the works of Spanish architect Antoni Gaudí, she aimed to create a harmonious blend of architecture and environment. Over a span of several decades, starting in the late 1990s, Nga brought her unique vision to life.

    The Crazy House's design draws inspiration from organic forms found in nature, resembling giant trees, spiderwebs, caves, and mushrooms. It features winding staircases, irregularly-shaped rooms, and whimsical details that challenge traditional architectural norms. Nga aimed to create a surreal, dream-like experience for visitors, merging the boundaries between reality and imagination.

    Nga's primary motivation for designing the Crazy House was to break free from the constraints of conventional architecture. She wanted to challenge the concept of a "normal" house and create a space that unleashes creativity and uniqueness. Nga also aimed to promote art, nature, and individual expression through her creation.

    The Crazy House has become a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from around the world. Its cultural and historical significance lies in its representation of artistic freedom and non-conformity. The unique structure stands as a symbol of Nga's rebellion against the rigid architectural standards prevalent during her time, while also showcasing the beauty and possibility of embracing unconventional ideas.
    Baca selengkapnya