Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Letna park

    December 29, 2023 in Czech Republic

    After lunch, we decided on going to the Letna Park, which is on a much higher ground compared to the Old city, thereby offering a very good view of Prague.
    It was fitting that we visited the park in the end, because, it gave the perfect spot for us to have a recap of visits to all the areas of Prague (okay not all, but most of them). We reminisced all the things we did over the past 4 days and relived our moments. Gave us the goosebumps. To cap everything off, the view from the park was so pretty during the sunset: with the new Prague /Letna park side on our right and Old Town on the left and the Vltava River flowing right in the middle ! We just imagined how good this view would look during the Autumn and the Spring seasons, with the trees filled with colourful leaves 🍁🍂 🌱🌼.
    There also was a beautiful pond at the heart of the park 🏞️, which had a small path leading to the land in the middle of this pond (Bit confusing here: Should I call it a Lake (but too small for a lake) or should I call it a pond (seemed big enough not to be called one).. okay, let's call it Pake !) There were some people already in the middle of this Pake, and some dogs which were playing in here.. It offered a very calm vibe (other than the hyper-active dogs obviously 🤷).
    Further up ahead, there was a huge Metronome (built for the sake of it, it was not working at all), which looked great given the location: on the edge of a park that looks like a hill from far (i.e. Old City square). After reaching here, we also observed that there were a lot of board skaters who were practicing various stunts that they could pull off when they'd come across any obstacles. If the Front side of the Giant Metronome faced the River and the Old City square, the backside of this metronome was facing the park, and the Skating area was in this part of the park. Actually, it was just a Podium / Floor originally built with concrete cuboidal blocks for people to sit. But now, they are converted to a skating area, where the floor (which is even and relatively smooth) provides a good surface for Skating and the concrete blocks serves as the obstacles on which stunts could be pulled off. Easily around 20 people were practicing skating here, and seemed damn serious about learning the stunts and perfecting it.
    We were betting if someone would definitely break his/her face that evening, as we were in for many bloopers and we saw people failing badly, but somehow they were avoiding getting injured. Either they had excellent survival skills or they initially trained how not to get hurt and then they started with pulling stunts. There were no special instructors here, and people of various ages just came together to practice and sharing their knowledge and practices that could help fellow skaters learn new tricks. This was very heartening to see.
    After watching them for quite some time, it was time we bid adieu to this beautiful city. So we made our way to the main train station - Hlavni Nadrazi...
    Read more