Satellite
  • Giorno 60

    Kranska Gora - an Alpine town

    11 settembre 2016, Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    I thought that mountain road behind Zargreb had some twists and turns. The roads and scenery to this Alpine resort town are just fantastic. Lots of people visiting tjough nothing like during the ski season. The scenery just kept getting better each time I went around a corner, and there were lots and lots of corners. The roads, leading up to the alpine pass (Vrsiska road) were prefect for motorbike riding mostly good fast speed corners on almost perfect tarmac. But the alpine pass was something else steep and sharp corner after sharp corner. As you get closer to the top the hairpins are all cobbled rather than bitumen, I'm guessing it needs less maintenance but it's quite rough and makes it interesting on a motorbike and there were motorbikes everywhere. The hairpins are numbered 1 to 50 and it climbs almost 1000 metres in a very short space.

    I did see one funny/strange sight. A hiker walk along the road had 6 or 7 sheep following him, when ever he stopped did they, when he went off again, so did they. He just looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said they had been following all afternoon and he couldn't get rid of them. I guess if he got lost he could always have lamb for dinner.

    I stayed at a resort in town (much cheaper in summer) the room and food were great and the views of the surrounding mountains were beautiful.

    Down the other side of the range the next day, nowhere near as steep..but fantastic riding, and I'll be in Austria.
    Leggi altro