Satellite
  • Day 74

    Citta di Castello to Rome

    November 14, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Had breakfast at the hotel then headed off (not sunny but not raining 😁) through the region of Umbria to Rome. What a magnificent drive - green hills and tall mountains littered with quaint towns, churches and castles (and lots of olive groves) - just magic.

    Stopped off at a small town for lunch - got served by a nasty woman who, I’m guessing, didn’t take to strangers (why else was she nice to everyone else?). She got a one ⭐️ google review!!!

    Rome traffic - it was as bad as I expected and to top it off the GPS wouldn’t take us to the Airbnb we booked. Eventually I double-parked and put my hazard lights on (as I’ve said before, hazard lights flashing cure all driving evils) and sent Anne out on foot to find where we had to go. She was gone ages - I’m thinking I’ve lost Anne and still don’t have a place to stay tonight. Eventually we got there - a ground floor two bedroom apartment in a gated community (off street secure parking), too good to be true, but true it was). The place was perfect. The area is full of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, grocery stores with a handy metro close by.

    Time to de-stress after driving in Rome.

    Tomorrow some exploring.
    Read more