Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Leaving Accra

    June 26, 2019 in Ghana ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Yes. I just arrived to Ghana via Accra but now I'm leaving Accra to Tamale. Man, it was stressful. Lucky I have Ernest (Prince's friend) who helped me transfered to the domestic terminal, buy me simcard (also activated it), and help me send my passport to the immigration for the re-entry visa. I didn't think I would make it if it wasn't because of him.

    Anyway, Tamale will become my first challenging experience with Ghana. I have no Ghana Cedis (the money changer closed because the lady was having lunch, and it was at 3.30 pm!!!), I have no escort, no friends, non uber, nothing. I don't even think the hotel has the pick up service for me. Plus I have little knowledge of Tamale. There's not much to do. I actually want to pass the northern part because of the Larabanga Mosque, one of the oldest mosque in Africa. But I will see the possibility of looking around the city.

    Prince is going up and down to help me and coordinating with his friends. See if he can find someone in Tamale. I hope he'll find someone 😭.

    So my flight would be 1 hr from Accra to Tamale and cost me 77 usd. You should spend more if you don't have too much time. But it's better than 12 hrs bus ride.

    Let me sit back, relax, and enjoy my flight to Tamale. Herewith is the picture of the banana chips (with spices YAY me likey), juice, and water as the meal on-board.
    Read more