Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    San Sebastión to Logroño by Bus

    July 12, 2021 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    It rained overnight and drizzled all morning as we prepared for and left San Sebastián. Hit a Starbucks on the way to the bus station to see if we could get an American coffee instead of a cafè americano. No dice. Took the bus through the coastal mountains and into cool dry overcast of the interior. It’s really been nicer weather here than the record heat you are experiencing back in the PNW. The private albergue we wanted to stay at in Logroño had closed due to covid so we went ended up at the Logroño municipal albergue. It’s a clean, dormitory style place. The nice thing about albergues is the people and the Camino orientation. People noticed they hadn’t seen us on the trail and introduced themselves. The woman running the albergue strongly suggested we get reservations each night because so many albergues are closed and the ones open are restricted to half capacity. We picked a relatively easy 9 mile walk for tomorrow to the small town of Ventosa and she called ahead and made reservations for us. Really nice people associated with the Camino. Did laundry for the first time on the trip. Things were getting ripe after the effort of the near vertical trails on the coast. Talked with Debbie, got dinner, and back in bed because they close up tight, lights out at 10. Calling it a day now. See you in the morning for our first day walking on the Camino Frances!
    Buen Camino!
    Phil
    Read more