Satellite
  • Day 40

    Lavacolla

    August 10, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We coffee’d up at the place we slept in last night, and were walking by 7:15. Another chilly, beautiful morning. Still not seeing the crowd on the trail since we shifted off stage. We continued walking through mostly forest of pine and eucalyptus trees with farms and villages scattered along the way. We ended up walking past all of the places that had kitchens open for breakfast, so we made do with some fruit and more coffee.

    This is our last full day of walking, a relatively short eleven miles . We will have six miles to go tomorrow morning that will get us to Santiago de Compostela, and the end of our journey. It’s been a fantastic experience, but it’s time for this boy to go home. We will stay in Santiago for a couple of days to see the cathedral, go to the pilgrim’s mass, and get our certificates. Hopefully we will run into some of the friends we have made along the trail. Friday we will take the train to Barcelona, get our covid tests, and fly home on Monday. Looking forward to hugging Deb and sleeping in my own bed!

    I have some thoughts about this trip that I will try to write up in the next day or so.

    Phil
    Read more