Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Göteborg, Sweden

    May 15, 2016 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Days: 9-12

    The efforts of travelling started setting in, so we took it easy for a few days. We went to Sunne and drove/walked up a hill to a viewpoint where we could see everything in every direction. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there. We went home, played Boccia, and had an amazing bbq.

    Friday we experienced true cold for the first time. Waiting for the train South to Göteborg, it started to hail. Jason thought it would be a good idea to walk to Lovisa's apartment... that took a couple of hours. So we just picked up groceries and had a night in.

    Saturday we slept in, then walked around the area a little bit, accidently crashed a funeral, and prepped for this miracle obsession of Swedes everywhere... the Eurovision Song Contest. Its crazy this cintest has been around for 60 years and we've never heard of it before! Anyway, 4 hours of madness later we finally made it to bed.

    Sunday we took the bus around the Göteborg. We went to lunch at a cool little spot in the city, where the server apologized that his Swedish was bad. Hilarious. After lunch, we walked to Skansen Kronan, a 17th century fortress. It was cool, but outside it was downright cold, so we cut the day short. We'll have to go back to Göteborg when the weather is a little better to get a better idea of it!
    Read more