Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    LAX -> SEA -> KEF

    September 16, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Day 1:

    Halló,

    It's time for us to hop on a plane again and see a new country! The start to the trip was.... let's say complicated. We went all sorts of fancy had the nicest driver ever drop us off at LAX. On our way through security, we met several TSA agents who were completely immune to our collective charm, but that was okay because we all got through and posted up at our gate nice and early. That's where the ease of travel came to a bit of a screeching halt...

    Fast forward to landing in SEA 2 minutes before boarding our next flight, without knowing the gate we were going to or the layout of the airport. About 17 strange metro-like tram rides later, we scooted onto the plane right at the last call. Disaster averted. A 7 hour flight filled with microwave pizza, a sweet view of the aurora borealis and a screaming (shockingly old) child later, we landed in KEF. Maybe direct flights are the way to go?

    Landing at 6 in the morning is a bit surreal when you left home at 7 in the morning the previous day... sort of a groundhog day feeling. After some much needed coffee, rental car mayhem and an early example of the Icelandic driving style, we hit the road to the Blue Lagoon. Full tourist mode. More on that in the next post. See what I mean? It's weird losing a day...

    **NOTE: we would be using more of the local language for places and such, but we're embarrassed to admit that it's a deer-in-the-headlights situation. Words are as long as in German and sound completely different than they look. Especially due to the fact that half of the language is to be hissed over the molars.
    Read more