Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Day 25

    March 25 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Despite the on and off drizzle we decided today we would head up the Nunobiki Ropeway to the top of the mountain. As we ascended through the fog and cloud the skyscrapers dissolved into nothing and we were surrounded by a thick cloud. Seeing the occasional cable car whizz past in the opposite direction it felt very eerie!

    Once at the top we strolled through the herb gardens and made our way to the cloud forest. Walking in amongst the clouds gives everything a very “horror film” like mist and you could feel the moisture of your face and it makes your clothes slightly damp too!

    We then hiked along a reservoir to a waterfall taking lots of pictures along the way of the beautiful foggy landscape, it felt like we were in the jungle with the level of humidity and the cloud forest aspect! Enjoying the waterfalls we sat for a while and enjoyed them before hiking down the mountain and grabbing a bite to eat.

    As we were wondering along we found the “Kobe trick museum” which is basically recreating photos with art? It was slightly random but a lot of fun and then we saw the “Sherlock Holmes house”. Very intrigued we went in and it’s basically a house full of everything that the Japanese think the British are. From the queen mary model to a literal tube station it was such a strange experience!! Fake bars and stuffed animal heads it did feel like we were back in England! Everyone was dressed up as Sherlock Holmes taking pictures of this “English experience” it was very amusing for us!
    Read more