Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 63

    Day 63-65

    2 maj, Japan ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Day 63

    To round off our time in Miyagi we wanted to explore Matsushima Bay which has over 100 islands. In all fairness a lot of them are more like big rocks and all of them are uninhabited. However, the views in the bay are really pretty and on a sunny and warm day like today it seemed like a perfect way to spend the day.

    Hopped on the train that only took an hour or so and then we walked along the coast which was really beautiful with the sun dancing across the water and almost no clouds in the sky. There are a few islands that can be reached by footbridge with the most famous being Fukuurajima which is connected to the main land by a bright red 200 metre bridge. Crossing the bridge we followed the footpaths around the island enjoying the views across the bay and strolling along the quiet beach. Looking for nice shells and enjoying the sea breeze the day soon slipped away from us. Wondering around the bay for a little while longer we grabbed a bite to eat before heading back to Sendai for our last night before we head to Iwate tomorrow. Another fun day exploring all Japan has to offer.

    Day 64

    Today we left Miyagi and made the journey to Morioka city in Iwate prefecture. Luckily the journey didn’t take too long so we had time to enjoy the day at a more leisurely pace enjoying a nice breakfast before we left. Arriving in Iwate we checked in and wondered through the city for a while. It’s really interesting, Iwate prefecture is made up of very few cities. They are effectively all in a line heading north with the bullet train running through them and the rest of the prefecture is mountains and beautiful landscapes some of which we are hoping to see tomorrow!

    Day 65

    Today we decided to head towards the coast which is what Iwate is famous for especially Jodogahama beach! So we hopped on the two buses and arrived in the sunshine at Jodogahama beach. Absolutely the perfect day for it today as we enjoyed a beautiful costal walk with stunning views of the crystal clear waters and dramatic rock formations. It’s no wonder it’s famous it really is a gorgeous stretch of coast!

    We managed to rent a rowing boat and we ventured around the bay taking in all the views. We still had to wear a life jacket though which felt utterly unnecessary but I’ve never rowed on the sea before so that was a fun new experience!

    It really was so much fun, we also grabbed what looked like a large hash brown from a food truck but it definitely was not a hash brown but I have no idea what it was! Possibly squid?? It was very hard to tell!

    With the sun sinking quickly we hopped on the first bus which took us back to the nearest village where we waited for our last bus. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough space for us and we were kicked off. Feeling rather disheartened as the next bus wasn’t for 2 hours the driver then came up to us and said he had called for a bus to come get us in 10 minutes! Absolutely bewildered we thanked him and were thrilled we didn’t have to wait another two hours. Only in Japan would they call another bus out to pick up two people- absolutely extraordinary we couldn’t believe it, and sure enough 10 minutes later a bus arrived to pick us up!

    So we’ve had a lovely few days on Japans coast and the perfect weather for it!
    Läs mer