Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 16

    Port Denison. Layday

    6 april, Australië ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    April 6, Saturday.

    Pt Denison

    Cruisey Saturday. After breakfast, mid morning, Les and I walked up to Dongarra, approximately 4kms away. Very pleasant walk initially along the beach and past some silhouette “cutout” statues commemorating locals who lost their lives in various war campaigns. The track then went past a bird sanctuaty and then thru a bush trail for approximately 2 Km along aside the southern bank of the Irwin River before emerging just before the main street of Dongarra.

    We did a bit of of a provisions restock at IGA, and then went to the local Saturday market. I bought a door mat made out of flotsam rope that a women found washed up on the beach. All her articles were from rope similarly sourced, some very intricate. Other purchase was a cheese board with coloured resin on one end, again local artisan made.

    On our return we stopped off at Poppies under the big Morton Bay fig tree, and had an iced coffee and savoury muffin. On our return we took a nature trail on the northern side of the river, down to the mouth and along the beach. The estuary was sanded up as the river won't break thru till the winter rains. So a straight thru walk across. Approximately a 2km walk from there along the beach to the marina. Very pleasant indeed.

    I bought some oysters and snapper from the seafood supply shop by the jetty.

    We had sundowners on the back of the boat with a crisp chardonnay and the oysters. Magic sunset to boot.

    Lesley then pan-fried the snapper and served it with a potato salad along with a lettuce, avocado and tomato salad. Seriously delicious!

    Out with the dominos game and a couple of port postprandials to complete the evening.
    Meer informatie