Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 17

    Pt Denison. Layday #2.

    7. april, Australien ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    April 7, Sunday.

    Pt Denison

    Another leisurely start to the day. I had a relatively late get-up at 7:15 after a bit of
    a lie in listening to Billy Connolly’s “Rambling Man”, his semi-biographical.

    After breakfast Les and I went for a walk to the south along the beach. On the south side of town there is vehicular access to the beach. It's quite compact and can easily accommodate two-wheel drive vehicles. There were a lot of cars parked up over a kilometre or so stretch of beach, mainly 4WDs. It was school holidays, so predominantly family groups. Great to see so many kids with their families having a great time. Some small waves and crystal clear and relatively warm water. Sunny and about 30 degrees, as has been most of the time we have been travelling. Pretty magic.

    After a round-trip walk of about 5 Km, it was time for a swim to cool off. In the afternoon a couple from Albury-Wodonga berthed up adjacent to us in a 36ft catamaran. They had bought it and collected it about 2 months prior at Dunsborough. They are planning on going up the WA coast and back taking about 10 months to do so. Had a pretty lengthy chat with them about the boat and their plans.

    Went to the Southerly pub again for dinner. We shared a dozen oysters and for main course Les had a linguine mushroom and chicken pasta and Tony and I had roast lamb. Excellent meals they were too.

    We were waiting for Tony’s mate Steve to drive up on Monday. Importantly he was bring up a spare (replacement) main sail. He will then sail back with them to Freo and I will drive back to N Cott.
    Læs mere