Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Holiday time!

    December 14, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    14th December 2019, departure day. It was the day we had been anxiously awaiting, the day where we set off on our biggest adventure yet. 4 weeks of exploring new countries, eating new foods, experiencing new cultures and 4 weeks to slow down and unwind. Bring it on.

    (Let me just note that I just finished my last day of teaching yesterday and have been fighting sickness all week and I woke up today with little energy, a terrible chest cough and congestion…what a great travelling buddy I will make. Poor Asher!)

    It all started when our alarms went off at 8am. We bounced out of bed to finishing packing and cleaning ready to leave at 11am. We pride ourselves on being speedy packers and we were all packed and ready to go by 9:30…then I was ready for a nap.

    We had time for some quick goodbyes to Mum and Dad 2, Shem, Jesse Abi and Dad then we were off in the car heading to the airport…it was all starting to feel quite real now! We made good time and arrived at the airport at 1:20pm, with Jess, James and Hudson hot on our tail. It was a quick goodbye to Jesse and a big thank you for taking us down. In we went to the international airport ready for the longest flight of our lives!

    We excitedly met James, Jess and Hudson at the luggage gate ready to check in our monster suitcases, a pram and a cot. Everything started to feel real as we checked our bags in, went through the security checks, ate a quick airport meal and rushed ourselves to the gate. 3:50pm and time to board our dreaded 15 hour flight to Dohar.

    Several movies, plenty of complimentary drinks for Asher and a lots of short naps later we made it safely to Doha. The 15 hours was over, we made it safe and tired in Dohar ready for our next leg. We only managed a brief stretch of the legs before it was time to board our next flight. We couldn’t believe it. 7 hours and we’d be in London!

    We’d attempted to do the sneaky on this flight and book seats with one in-between us, hoping that no-one would book it and then we could have a whole row to spread out. We may have celebrated too early as the last guy to board the flight just so happened to be the same guy who booked that seat! Not to worry though, we were very tired on this leg so we managed to sleep a lot of it away. With a bumpy decent and a screech of wheels, we touched down in London! Excitement is high!!! Ready to explore the city and stay awake as long as we can.

    Jo ♥️
    Read more