Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Christmas Eve

    December 24, 2019 in England ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    NOTE: I’ve been quite slack on the old the blog of late. I guess I’ve just been enjoying this place too much. The next several days will just be a brief summary and more photos. If you haven’t been following along with our daily videos on Instagram we’ll also pop them up on here. They pretty much sum up each day within a minute.

    We pick up the story on a chilly morning at our cosy little BnB in Chipping Campden. We can’t get enough of this beautiful country side. THr cotswolds have been a real treat. We explored the little town for a bit before heading slightly south back to Stow-on-the-Wold, one of the main Cotswold villages, to meet up with James, Jess, & Hudson for brunch. We were about to part ways for the remainder of the trip so needed to get our Hudson fix before we wouldn’t see them for 5 weeks.
    We ate an explored the great village shops on offer. It wasn’t long before they had to hit the road again so we sadly said our goodbyes and waved them off.

    It didn’t take long before I heard the first “I miss Hudson… and James & Jess”

    We didn’t have time to mope about though, it was Christmas Eve and we had presents to buy. We set ourselves a budget, and a time limit to cruise the stores in this awesome little town separately and buy each other as many little presents as possible. We met back up in an hour with bags full of the goods. Great fun!

    From Stow-on-the-Wold we aimed north. We had to cover a bit of ground if we were going to make it to our next destination. We aimed for Sheffield, a fairly large and grungy city just north of Birmingham. We mad it to our quaint BnB in the city, wrapped our haul of presents, ordered uber eats, and hit the hay.

    Asher ☺️
    Read more