Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Slow morning in Edinburgh

    December 28, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Edinburgh, a large but historical Scottish city. I, of course, found the local bakery which also happened to do fantastic coffee as well. I brought back the goods before we set off on foot to explore Edinburgh.
    We were staying reasonably close to the city centre so we wander up Calton Hill to get a great view of the whole city and it’s surrounds. It was quite a steep walk up but we made it. We got a fantastic 360 degree view and we stayed up there for some time. We were discovering more and more that we definitely enjoyed the county side more than city life. The cities just tend to have a bit of grudge to them we don’t really like.
    We’d kind of left any main tourist attractions bit too late for our first day so we decided to grab a late lunch and headed back to the apartment to relax before heading back out at night. I figured out the bus situation which made it much easier to get around the city.

    We found the Edinburgh Christmas markets which were the best we’d seen so far. Of course we couldn’t resist going on the Star Flyer, a spinning chair ride that went high up above the city. What a view of the city lights we got as we were swung around just meters from a monument steeple.
    We explored the markets, ate market food, tasted the local moonshine and sipped mulled wine before calling it a night, but not before one more ride on that Star Flyer.
    Read more