Satellite
  • Day 7

    Day 7: Santorini, Greece

    June 27, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Already a week since I left Montreal!

    The boat cruise we went on today was so good. It brought us to hike an active, yet dormant volcano, Nea Kameni, to the hot springs and then the island of Thirassa. To get to our boat, we had to walk down about 400 steps and past the donkeys. There must have been at least 50 of them and they'd walk right for us so we had to almost put ourselves up on the walls along the side so they wouldn't step on our feet.

    When we got to the top of the volcano, the view was incredible and we got to put our hands over one of the active sulfur vents (it was pretty hot). The hot springs weren't very hot, only a difference of 7 degrees, but when you swam back towards the boat, it felt like the water was freezing. The water was also brown. When we got to Thirassa, we had a nice lunch and relaxed. We were supposed to take the 300 steps up to the village, but they advised against it as it was really hot.

    At night, we went to have dinner by the sunset in Fira and it was incredible (as is everything in Santorini). If only this platform would let me post more than 6 pictures per post... To end off the night, we went dancing with about ten people from our hostel and it was the perfect ending to the perfect day.
    Read more