Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Day 34: Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

    July 24, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    You can't visit Plitvice without doing the Kayaking/Rafting day. One of the best days yet.

    We ended up doing the excursion with Tom and Nicole as well as two guys from Ireland (my Irish homies). They've been so many places in Europe, but never even went to the Cliffs of Moher!

    The day consisted of kayaking, cliff jumping (23 feet high!), rafting, getting stuck, being pushed to get unstuck, swimming, eating and dying of laughter from everyone going into the trees and weeds as we couldn't steer straight. We stopped at a section to jump and the guide told us when we jump, we'd get a little surprise. Turns out the water is ice cold compared to the water we were just swimming in! When we jumped back into the water higher up, it felt like a bath!

    We also went down a lot of waterfalls (or waterways) with the raft and it was really cool. Zoe and I ate our soggy sandwiches for lunch (she says it's because I put the mustard directly on the bread, but it's debatable). Regardless of our not so fantastic lunch, it was an amazing day and our guide was really nice and funny.
    Read more