Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Day 36: Zagreb, Croatia

    July 26, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Last day in Croatia!

    We originally planned to go to Bled, Slovenia today as we heard from a few people that it's beautiful and really worth a visit. Unfortunately, the weather called for clouds and rain so we didn't want to take the two hour trip there and back. Good thing we didn't because it sure did rain.

    We ended up going to the museum of optical illusions which turned out to be pretty cool. We had a good laugh too. Afterwards, we went to eat our sandwiches in the park and walked to the movie theatre as seeing Spider-Man Homecoming was the perfect back up plan. Thankfully, Croatia plays all the movies in English and just puts Croatian subtitles at the bottom and their cinema was actually really nice and cheap! It cost 50 Kumasi (approx. $10 CDN) for my ticket, a popcorn and a drink!

    After the movie, it was still drizzling so we decided to go shopping. We've been checking the weather and it's been below twenty degrees (in Switzerland it's 13!) where we're headed so we went to get some long sleeves and Zoe needed some jeans. Thank you H&M for all your wonderful locations.

    When we finished shopping, it was nine o'clock so we decided to go grab a quick bite. When we sat down, a nice Swedish guy asked if he could join us. He told us a lot of tips for our upcoming locations and we tried to convince him that Canada should be next on his list (because he's been pretty much everywhere).
    Read more