Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Day 46: Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

    August 5, 2017 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    What do you do while you're in Switzerland? You hike (and eat a lot of chocolate and cheese)!

    So that's exactly what we did today. We took the cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp and hiked our way to Allmendhubel. The hike was challenging at times, but it turned out to be a really nice one. We had a gorgeous view of the Alps and saw plenty of cows. Apparently Switzerland has the happiest cows in the world.

    When we got to Allmendhubel, we hung around in the Flower Park and were waiting to take the last cable car down to Mürren. The waitress said it would warn us when to get on, but it didn't, so we missed it and had to walk to 45 minutes down. It wasn't too bad. When we got to Mürren, we took the cable car down to Stechelberg and bussed it back to Lauterbrunnen.

    Thank god we made it back in time to eat a cheese fondue. We wouldn't have wanted the cheese to go bad. ;) It turned out to be so good. It's a mixture of cheeses that they serve with bread, potatoes, chives, onions, garlic and mushrooms. We devoured the whole thing and I got a Swiss hot chocolate and a mini chocolate bar which were amazing too. Thank god I don't live in Switzerland. It would be very bad for my health and my wallet.
    Read more