Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Day 49: Interlaken, Switzerland

    August 8, 2017 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Today was awesome!

    We went Rafting in Interlaken and it was a lot of fun. We ended up choosing the day it chose to storm so we started rafting in the pouring rain, but it ended up being sunny the minute we pulled into the lake (which was at the end). Regardless of the rain, we all still had a lot of fun.

    We were on a boat of five so we had to do quite a few practice drills. Since our boat was lighter, we had more of a chance of flipping compared to the other two full boats. We each had to get in the water and be rescued. Since we were an odd number, I was rescued by our "Rafter Master" (not sure what they are called) and he ended up pulling me right out of the water with one arm onto my face in the boat. And then we had to rescue the other side so I ran to the front to pull in one of our boat mates and everyone else forgot to pull in Zoë. We all had a good laugh. We also all got beat. You don't realize how much of a workout Rafting can be!

    After rafting, we went back to take our showers and then went to relax in our favourite cafe. We had the best brownie and berry banana cake. When we got back to our room, our roommates had their portable rice cooker out and we're making a few servings. It was certainly one of the more interesting roommate stories that I've had on this trip.
    Read more