Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Trans Kalahari Inn, 20 kilo from WDH

    November 18, 2019 in Namibia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    After spending two days in the hotel while waiting for the luggage we decided to move out and camped at Trans Kalahari Inn on the third night. Finn was so happy to be out in the nature and sleep in the car-tent. I was new to all these and didn’t see why a hotel wasn’t better. Of course it’s much more economical to use our car, or it’s like we were double paying for a sleeping place. We had our own toilet and hot shower, plus dish washing sink.

    I cooked the jambalaya for dinner. I prepared to cook this before leaving home and brought the Cajun mixture and Bay leaves with me. However, It was just ok. The rice needed to be cooked for 45 minutes. It would use too much gas, so the rice ended up very al dente.

    We had a beer in the bar/restaurant of the inn. It had a pool where you could also see the sunset. But we didn’t use the pool. Most guests there were Germans. We left for the airport again around 8 pm to see if his luggage would arrive with a flight landing at 8:30. Of course it didn’t arrive. The anxiety was running higher. Finn called KLM again. The rep didn’t sound too friendly at the beginning but went on giving us more information than the reps before her.
    Read more