Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 9

    A wrong turn while looking for D3703

    23 ноября 2019 г., Намибия ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    D3703 was not well marked, actually it was not marked at all. We could see the road on the GPS but not at the site. When we approached an “intersection” (intersection was an upgraded word for one dirt road divided into two) an arrow pointed to one direction and the other one lied behind it looked very insignificant. So we turned left following the arrow. After driving on it for about two kilometers we found we were not on D3703. It was a road south of D3703. On Finn’s map this one and D3703 formed a loop, this was 64 kilometers and 3703 was 61. Not seeing it on GPS plus it was 3 kilometers longer Finn decided to turn back and look for D3703. While heading back we crossed a car full of locals and asked for “Etanga”. The guy smiles and nodded so we moved on. We thought we could spend the night at Etanga at the time...

    We passed by a hot spring and people gather around the water, looking like doing laundry. A tiny stream came down from the spring and along it the grass were the greenest. A few cows scattered around, and also a dead cow lay there, looked untouched. I wonder why the locals didn’t do anything about it, like taking the skin for some use.

    We turned back to the point where the arrow sign was and took the road looked less traveled behind the sign. GPS showed we are on the right track.
    Читать далее