Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Hentiesbaai

    November 27, 2019 in Namibia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We got here in the early afternoon and stayed at Bucks Camping Lodge. Finn said the lodge was fully booked when he was here last time so we wanted to make sure we got a space before too late. The camp was mostly empty, only a few were taken. It’s definitely a slow season but the owner won’t let us pick any spot we wanted. Instead all visitors were put into one section. We had neighbors. Each site is very small in size but more private. We had our own bathroom and a washing area that allowed me to lay everything on the cement table while cooking, it’s like in a normal kitchen. We left something at the site and then went out shopping for food in Spar. Finally, we could have meat for dinner. We bought chicken breasts, mushrooms, some veggies and a bottle of white wine.

    After shopping Finn drove around to show me the town. The “white” side of town was really nice. Beautiful houses, well trimmed gardens, Finn also noted that no electric fences around the houses, unlike what we saw in Windhoek. Some nice restaurants along the beach. Moist ocean wind, very comfortable temperature and golden sunshine, I wish we could eat in a restaurant and enjoy all these...

    We had a neighbor when we got back, Peter and his wife (I didn’t get her name). Peter is a heavyset man with red cheeks. He said they came from Windhoek, to “be away from the crowd in the big city”. I laughed in my heart. I couldn’t believe anyone thought Windhoek was a big city. Come on, man, it’s a little larger than a village. LOL. Their “RV” was similar to ours. They were boiling a few big potatoes and eggs for dinner.

    We turned back to our side to cook dinner. I made the grilled chicken breasts with mushrooms and lemon zest sauce, and hush browns. I have to say it was the best meal I’ve cooked the whole trip. We ate, talked and finished the whole bottle of the white wine. It’s very convenient to have our own bathroom.

    This area, may be the whole skeleton bay, is big attraction of ocean fishing. Many heavy trucks equipped with the fishing rod holders welded in the front of bumper.
    Read more