Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 76

    Wentworth to Yanga Woolshed

    29 September 2023, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We woke up on the river bed, still dry and not bogged, and after brekky we continued on through Wentworth towards Euston where we had morning tea on the Murry River. Next stop was Balranald and the Visitors Centre. Out the back they have a very interesting old school.
    Built in 1886 by John Wington Murphy as the original Wington Homestead it later became the schoolhouse for the children living on Wington. The governess lived in one half and the kids were taught in the other half. A hessian curtain divided the two halves. The walls were lined with hessian and daubed with mud to make it waterproof and dustproof. It was moved to its present site in 1995. We then headed off to Yanga Woolshed.
    Built on the Murrumbidgee River in the late 1800's it was once one of the biggest sheds in the district. It is over 100 mts long and could hold 3000 grown sheep and originally had 40 stands. The last shearing took place in 2005 before it was purchased by the NSW Government and gazetted as a National Park in 2007. After a good look around we were once again on the road heading to Hatfield where we planned to spend the night.
    Baca selengkapnya