Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 139

    Windsor, England

    9 мая, Англия ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    We disembarked the Viking Neptune for the final time, concluding our World Cruise in London where we extended our vacation two more days in order to take in the City. Today we enjoyed a visit to Windsor Castle. We entered St George’s Cathedral where we paid our respect to the late Queen Elizabeth II at the foot of her tomb. It made us cry as her reign is all we have ever known.

    We ended the day at His Majesty’s Theatre to see the Phantom of the Opera. Years ago, we celebrated our one year anniversary by seeing this play in Los Angeles. We splurged by driving into the city and staying overnight at the Bonaventure Hotel. All these years later, we celebrated 35 by closing out the world cruise in London and seeing the same play. So much fun. Where have the years gone!

    Windsor Castle is a royal residence at Windsor in the English county of Berkshire. It is strongly associated with the English and succeeding British royal family, and embodies almost a millennium of architectural history. The castle has belonged to the monarchy for almost 1,000 years. The chapel has been the scene of many royal services, weddings and burials. In the 19th century, St George's Chapel and the nearby Frogmore Gardens superseded Westminster Abbey as the chosen burial place for the British royal family.
    Читать далее