Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Kayaking

    July 14, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today we woke up early because we went Kayaking. It was my second time, I did it in Princeville Ranch in Kauai. It was really cold it the morning, I had goosebumps!! The Kayaks were 2 person kayaks, me and Daddy got on one and Conor and Mammy went on another, and our instructor Sean went on a one person Kayak. Lake Tahoe is Americas 2nd deepest lake and the worlds 10th deepest lake! Apparently, the deepest the lake can go is 500m down! When we got on our kayaks and kayaked app.1.5 miles, we saw a big house. This house is called Thunderbird Lodge and a billionaire George Whittle bought a LOT of land (2000acres I think) in the early 1900. Whittle was planning to make a summer-hotel with a skiing place, casinos and stuff like that, but for he's love of animals he is recluse, and bought a elephant. Whittle died in 1969, and his family sold the building to the state and you are now allowed to have weddings there. Sean said that some people think that Whittle still haunts the building....🐘👻👻👻💀☠️ We got to see Whittles HUGE house and his elephants BIG stable. After we passed the house, we had a stop at Chimney beach, where the water was freezing cold!! I ate an energy bar and we switched partners, and I was with Mammy. There were boats, so we got big waves and I was scared that we would tip over. We finally reached the destination and we kayaked 10k!!
    That was fun and next time I hope I dont tip over.
    Read more