Satellite
  • Day 30

    White water rafting

    July 15, 2017 in the United States โ‹… โ›… 26 ยฐC

    We had to wake up early AGAIN because we were going white water rafting!! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ white water Rafting is where you go on a raft and the current pushes you on the river! In rafting, from highest to lowest there are 5 levels. Today we will be doing level 3. It was my first time and I was hoping there were no ๐ŸŸ fish. It took 1 hour by car and 10 minutes on the white water rafting bus ๐ŸšŒ. Me,Conor and another boy were the only children. The rest were adults. A professional photographer called Chris was there and He used me as the model for the opening slide! He chose me because he said "You look like you have a nice smile." ๐Ÿ˜Š I was on the first photo holding a "enjoy the video sign!!" We got everything set up and Adam (a leader) chose Ivan for us, because Ivan was the most experienced and the best for children. We got on our raft and off we went. The Truckee river is a very clear and a very shallow river and is 5 miles long. We were allowed to swim in the 'Swimming holes where the water is deep and calm. Me and Conor went in the Swimming hole twice and it was VERY cold, the water was app.15 c and Conor had goosebumps! We used our paddles when Ivan said to used them. When we were on our first rapid the drop wasn't that big. On the second drop, it was deep and the third level rapids, (there were 2: 'Jaws' and 'Pinball') I was most scared about pinball because we were the 'ball'. When we went on Jaws there was a HUGE drop! Water came in from everywhere and me and Conor's teeth were chattering!!! It was freezing, colder than summer in Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช!!! Conor was going to cry because he didn't want to go on Pinball, but I told him "would you rather stay in this river for the whole night, or just do Pinball" and he replied "Pinball" and after all, Pinball wasn't scary.
    That was veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fun and I want to do that again!!!!!!
    Read more