Satellite
  • Day 50

    Work Away

    May 23, 2017 in Bulgaria ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Will set the alarm later the morning because he is sick of me pressing snooze 5 times.
    I really need and enjoy my prep time though. 😒
    It rained in the light so the temperature was bearable.
    I've been disappointed the last few mornings - at first there was tea and coffee options but now it's just coffee. Yuck.
    The American (Mary) joined us and the Mongolian (Lilly) went with the other group.
    There was a crap tonne today at the lake but the sunrise was beautiful! The neighbours dogs wouldn't stop barking at us though and didn't seem to understand that we weren't intimidated and just kept going lol.
    I like when the roses are wet. It's fun watching the water drops all shake and fall off when you fling the branch back. The American was having a really bad morning. I saw snot fall out of her nose twice; big booger streams. How often she sniffed was annoying and ruined the tranquility but she couldn't help it lol.
    It took us ages because there were so many.
    We then got dropped off at the second field while Johanna went to pick up the others. I had a completely full sack before the end of the first row. I had more than Will though because I helped him out and picked the low ones on his side too because he is an old man and has started complaining about his back hurting when he bends.
    Nothing of great interest happened this morning either other that it got very hot and I had far too many layers on with nowhere to put them and that I've been making a conscious effort to remove the bugs from the flowers before they go in my sack to avoid as many little lives lost as possible. 🐜🕷🐞🐝🕸
    Johanna got a bee sting though and I got stung by a nettle bush which really does hurt like a bitch. Very much like a bee sting only the pain and itch lasts much longer.

    We got driven back all in the one car - including 2 in the boot and 2 in the trailer.
    Breakfast time which was eagerly anticipated and then Will and Lilly went with Danny to buy gas and pick the white rose field. Will has been given instructions to ask Danny to call the bus company but I very much doubt that he will. He always leaves that stuff up to me which annoys me because I don't like doing it either lol.
    Outcome - it for half sorted so I'm impressed.
    We at least have a lift to the bus stop lol.

    I went to have a shower before and walked in on Stacey but naked. Awkies. She apologized to me for nor closing the curtain haha. It was then nearly lunchtime so I walked down to the store to get some 7Up and Pepsi for everyone.
    I was t hungry at lunch time so I didn't eat.
    I tried having a nap, it for too hot so I joined the others with some gardening to surprise Johanna. We basically just deeweedes and disposed of the roots.
    Will woke up dripping in sweat. It was really gross lol.
    He is debating wether to have another shower or not because he has already had one today..
    Talking to the American and Holland chicks, I really like them. The conversation was easy going as we gardened away.
    6 Singaporean people have arrive in town to pick roses too for 2 days. They can't fit in the yard so they are at some campsite.they are coming over for dinner though so Will is on BBQ duties tonight.
    My toe is so sore. The infection can't get better with all this dirt around.
    We just bought our super secret rose products we have been meaning to do for days and are having them all shipped to Norfolk road :)
    Sending them to the 5 different addresses made the shipping prices ridiculous.
    Pretty excited.
    I love grazing the yard looking for ripe strawberries.
    Because I haven't had a nap today the day feels so long. It's feel like 3 or 4 hours later than it actually is.
    I'm so glad I did gardening because I really could not be bothered to help with the BBQ set up right now. Haha William.
    So I ended up helping with set up anyway - I made the garlic bread.
    The Singapore people arrived an they were classic tourists. They aren't really here to work but sight see, take photos and pick 5 roses each lol. They smuggled roses into a bag in the garden. Super Asian.
    Jowney is sick so Stacey was looking after him so our number dropped to 14 for dinner. It was still extremely crowded. We finally drank the wine Matthew brought from his last work away - it has very purple bubbles. They weren't the usual red.
    Baba Penka visited and I think I'm the favourite. We got photos together ❤️ and I told her I am going to send a postcard. She doesn't believe me but I'm going to try. I told her I have 2 babas and she laughed when I pointed at her. I gave her a hug.
    The BBQ was fab. The wine probably made everything a lot funnier but I had a great time. I really like Mary (American) I think we are quite similar.
    Me, Will and Mary probably made a miss worded xommenr much worse that it was
    The lady next to me was squished between a table and pole and she hit her head and Danny said " sorry we were expecting a smaller person"
    We 3 interpreted that as a fat comment and giggles at the unintentional hole her dug. We found out later Matt and Danny thought we were laughing at the implied racis that Asians are small.
    Amazing culturally different interpretation over 1 word.

    But it was very funny.
    I don't know if Danny likes us. I don't think he is taken by us even though we sometimes make him laugh. He is very hard to read.

    So turns out Ilse is Pan sexual not gay - what ever the crap that means and is in a 4 way relationship.
    What.
    As if anyone could be bothered.
    I can understand how it works with a dominant gender with several spouses but not 4 people on an equal playing field.
    She explained it as Bi sexual is where you like woman and men. Pan sexual is where you like people - what ever they identify as may that be nothing or a dog.
    Good gracious you are either one or the other. If you don't feel like either then pick the one you feel most like. You can't not have a gender. 😤😖
    Pan sexual
    Our bus is early tomorrow so we miss out on picking which I'm actually pretty upset about :(
    Our bus is either 8:45 or 9:45 if we miss the first one but we are being dropped off at 6:30 😕
    I missed the toilet earlier hahahahahah but had the decency to clean it unlike the person with a runny poop drop and blood . Not cool. I cleaned it when I went for a wee because I knew that if I didn't the person waiting outside to use the loo next would think it was me 😷
    Still gotta get up early tomorrow which breaks my heart. We have to pack still because there is no electricity in the big room with our bags so we can't see.. we are getting up normal time to say goodbye because I actually really like everyone.
    Only current problem is we Don't know when we can get into our apartment. Hope we don't have to wait but if we gotta then we gotta.
    Ilse wrote me a list of places to see in Netherlands on my little notes document. It's getting lots of good info added to it now - lots of places to see in lots of counties :)
    I'm so keen for a toilet and bed tomorrow!!
    Read more