Satellite
  • Day 104

    Transit

    July 16, 2017 in Sweden ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Randi tried calling Europcar for us but it's closed on a Saturday..... beyond stupid.
    We figured we would just have to walk the 2km detour to go ask the man at the desk who is obviously a dick for ignoring the phones. We know he is there because we returned the car yesterday outside of open hours.
    Hmph.😤
    Said bye to Randi and headed off.
    We bought her flowers and chocolate to say thanks.
    The sun was shining today!
    While walking I was having anxiety because I was prepping myself for the blow and yet still had a small hope it would be there.
    There was a man at the desk...
    he took me to the car but it had been cleaned 😩😩😩 I couldn't find it.
    The worker asked the cleaner if he had found it....
    now, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but he was a suspicious looking character if I ever saw one.
    Ponytail with tats.
    HE SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE IT - LIES, I KNOW IT WAS IN THE CAR 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    I'm gutted 😔
    We left to find something to eat. I feel a little more at peace knowing there is nothing more I could have done. I would be kicking myself if I didn't at least go check.
    As sheik as black looks I need all my possessions to be fluro orange.
    If Will hadn't have been rushing me with packing up the laptop I would have checked better - I normally do because I know what I'm like. 😔 not his fault, it's mine. Still sad.

    We walked to TGIFridays near central station - my back was dripping. Grey shirts show sweat badly.
    I had the sliders burger option and it was amazeballs.
    We went over to the station early to make sure we found the right platform in time and could ask if we needed to print tickets.
    We found it easy and we didn't - woo so nothing left to do but wait 40 mins for our departure.
    The seats were find and about halfway through the trip we found the power outlets which was great so we could use our phones without them dying.
    It's about a 5 hour train ride to Stockholm.
    I was tired and mopey so I had a nap on the table tray.
    I slept quite a bit actually but it left my neck a bit tight.
    We arrived with no issues - our hostel was only 409m away and easy to find.
    Check in was the most complicated we have yet had.
    We are in different dorms so different information was being flown about. We were each given maps to find our rooms and codes that change daily.
    It has a no shoes policy so we had to walk around in socks?
    It doesn't sound that complicated but that's because I cant remember half of it because it was too much to take in. lol
    I remember some doors only open at certain times and we were given info about where to our linen at checkout too? Idk. Too much
    It's a cool hostel though. Pretty big.
    I went to my room which was easy to find and put my bag in a locker and found a bed - top bunk - I don't mind though - I only hate it when it's a wooden frame.
    Met Will outside - he showed me his room - you have to go through a maze to get there...
    he gave me the laptop then he went and had a beer.
    He asked me to come join him in the 'party area??' So I did - the dj was terrible so we went for a walk.
    We had dinner and walked back.
    We booked flights to London for the 12th of August then we went to our own dorms. I have since booked a ferry to Estonia, and accommodation for Estonia and Latvia 👍🏼
    I finally did the schengen math and it turns out we probably can't do France with Jess - we only have 2 schengen days remaining. We have told her so we are coming up with a new plan - our London Bnb got approved though😬

    Will says we will buy me a new kindle tomorrow because he knows I use it all the time.
    I just want my old one back 😔 not to be a 2 year old but my daddy bought it for me 😔

    It's 1am. Should probably go to bed.
    We are meeting each other at 10am tomorrow.
    Read more