Satellite
  • Day 161

    Cardiff

    September 11, 2017 in Wales ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    The house feels so cold but you realize it's actually a haven once you step outside. Horrible and miserable again today.

    Had a shower because I was all sweaty then we left for Cardiff which was just under 2 hours away.
    I slept (tried too) most of the journey - Jess offered me the front seat so that was nice.

    We just told us to take us to Cardiff, no specific instructions. It took us to the town center, which, once i saw the castle I recognised. I even impressed myself when I said "there should be a gold post box down here ... it's gold cause each Olympian who one who won an Olympic gold medal got a post box painted" and a minute later, there is was 💪🏻💪🏻👏🏼

    Found a car park - it smelt like urine.
    We first wanted lunch so we found a pub place.
    Jaxon eats so much he is going to be so fat.

    The bathrooms were nice here lol.

    We then visited a few welsh gift shops to try and find Angharad stuff but they only had the crappy design I already have. Booo hiss.

    We then went to Cardiff castle - entry was 12.50 each so still expensive but better than 20.

    Was happy to pay because this is the castle we didnt actually enter with Tony - we just looked from the entrance.

    First we went through the tunnels on the side which were used during the 2nd world war for citizens of Cardiff to hide in.
    Along the walls were propaganda posters - some were quite funny.

    We the had to put the pram in storage because there were a lot of stairs.

    First section was I suppose what you would call the accomidiation? I don't actually know to be fair. The audio guide was boring. It didn't tell basics but super complex shit that's pointless if you don't have a base understanding.
    Either way it was incredible. I lovvvvvedddddd the ceilings.
    In The library room we got told some fun facts. The owner disagreed with Darwin's theory so around the door around detailed monkeys holding hooks not knowing what to do with it - to prove his point that we are different.

    We went into the keep which was more like other castles with ridiculous staircases, and entry rooms as you go up.
    Only me and Will went up to the the top and Will stayed with Jax down the bottom.
    I love how the castle is in the middle of a city.

    Will reckons Cardiff reminds him of Townsville - a sort of small capital city place rather than a country capital.

    We found some stocks to take photos in and then left.

    It's not the best maintained castle I've been to in regards to landscaping. Very overgrown but I think the house section bit was worth the entry fee.

    We then just walked around the center really. We walked through the Cardiff markets, and ended up in a shopping center which had some great stores including a Disney shop :) can't wait for Jaxon to be bigger and ask me to buy him things that I also want 😂😂😂😂 I'll be like " you want that unnecessarily large stuffed pooh bear? ... seems reasonable... ok then." Hahahah

    Bought some toilet paper and headed home. Parking cost us 18£ 😭

    Oh totally forgot that there was also a museum section under the castle that we went to. It was total rubbish but Jess got some photos of Jaxon wearing more costume hats. She could start an entire Facebook page just from this trip of Jax wearing stupid hats haha

    Also, in the shops there was a 'vodka shot' sampling station.
    Amazing 🙌🏼
    Hahaha.

    So rainy 😒

    I don't remember getting home lol.
    We had Indian packs for dinner which were pretty good.
    Jaxon going to bed is my favorite time of day hahaha

    It was a good day. Glad Jess and Will got to do something in Wales.

    Jess didn't realize Wales was a country....... 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
    Read more