Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 171

    Ouzoud Falls

    September 21, 2017 in Morocco ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    So we both have Bed bugs bites everywherreeeeeee. Between the two of us I'd say over 70.

    We got up at 7, got ready - this included some dude walking in on me on the toilet because I didn't lock it properly. Oh well shit happens... it was just awkward sitting near each other eating breakfast.😅
    We got picked up at 8 by a taxi dude who drove us the the real pick up point. It took 3 different attempts on different buses to get on our way but we got there!
    It was about a 2.5hr drive.
    God I love Africa.
    It's real and raw.

    Sand, trees, little groups of dilapidated buildings, workers, herders, donkeys tied up to trees and space. So much space.

    We had a toilet stop and we bought some snacks just in case there was no lunch option.

    We kept driving, arrived and were passed on to our guide.
    He was great! He explained everything in English then Spanish (maybe Italian) then French.

    Probably should have mentioned earlier... today's excursion was to Ouzoud falls.

    So we started at the top of a waterfall - took pictures then began the walk down the hill to the bottom.
    He explained a bit of Moroccan fun facts on the way the only ones I really remember is Morocco is 75% Berber 25% Arabic people.

    We reached the bottom of the waterfall and we had a little while there so people could go for a swim. We didn't because we didn't want to be wet in the bus.
    It's really pretty.

    We then walked on and came to the big water fall.
    It's the 2nd biggest in Africa coming in behind Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe/Zambia.

    It was so nice.
    We would he enjoyed it more IF WE WERE NOT DYING FROM OUR BITES AND WANTING TO RIP OUR SKIN OFF. We still liked it we were both just fed up and cranky about being so uncomfortable.

    Only 2 other people on our tour were English speakers but this nice Italian or Spanish person offered to take our photo and Will got in it YAYAYAY

    We then paid 2€ each to jump in a boat thing that takes you across the pond and the bottom to get closer to the falls. We got a little wet but it felt nice because it was really quite hot.

    We then had 1.5hrs to have lunch in a place opposite the water wall. Lovely.

    They didn't have a menu so we had no idea on prices. It was way overpriced considering but it was the only option so I bet they make a killing.
    We kept walking on to a view including a nice rainbow and then further up.
    Lots of little stores on the way and donkeys carrying stuff - we made it to the monkey section.

    I was going to get a photo with one but then Will reminded me that if it scratches me I'll be in trouble so i decided against it..... that was until I was just standing there and one just walked up behind me and sat on my shoulders 😍😍😍😍😍🙊
    He was given food by a dude there and then I got some to feed him too.
    Let's just hope I don't die from an infection lol.

    Walk walk walk - back to the bus. We had to pay our guide 3€ which is more than fair but Will was cross because he must not have heard the hostel tell us yesterday we only pay for transportation through them.
    he knows 3€ is nothing but doesn't like that he didn't know. about it. I told him he needs to listen!! Lol
    The drive home was soooo hot.

    Arrived back and got dropped off not where we started from - bless google maps.

    We went back to the hostel via a chemist where we picked up some cream for our bites - we told the hostel and we changed rooms.
    Feeling better about going to bed tonight now.

    We had showers, applied the cream and made friends with 2 girls in our rooms.
    We went out to dinner with them - Vivian and Vicky.
    Vivian is from Melbourne and Vicky is from Austria - she is a social worker in a prison - how cool!!!

    The medina was more crowded today.
    Read more