Satellite
  • Day 281

    Vienna

    January 9, 2018 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    Woke up late.
    Ate breakfast, then headed to the state library.
    I thought it was 3€ entry but it was actually 8€ .. we still paid cause I reallllllyyy wanted to go in because it looked like Hogwarts 🙃
    So it's basically a giant library with 200,000 books. From the looks of them they were all volumes wrapped in leather. Inside was also the cool bookcase ladders with wheels. Some dude was doing something to the books and he had gloves on.

    There were big globes too. Some dates from before Australia was found so that was cool.

    We weren't allowed flash - Wills went to take a photo and it randomly came on but he didn't realise. We got in trouble lol. I tried to tell him but he thought I was just waving my arms at him because I wanted him to take a photo of me.
    I suppose that is it usual meaning🤔🤔😂😂

    Pictures couldn't capture it. Even Wills fancy pants Samsung.
    We just walked around looking at the books.
    Loved it!

    We left and went for a walk.
    We came across and English cinema and notes they were playing Star Wars. We went and bought tickets... our reasoning was Slovenia is not likely to have it in English and we want to see it while still in the cinemas.

    We waited an hour at Starbucks before it started.

    So I thought it was terrific. Will however sided with everyone else and hated it.
    I agree they tried to be funny and it failed but I did enjoy the story.

    We went home then decided we should get dinner before everything shut so we went next door for Chinese.
    grossly underwhelming but I'm full.

    Seriously stressing about getting from The snow fields to Slovenia.
    IF ONLY THE DAMN INTERNET WOULD WORK.

    I find it boggling that they have at both wombat hostels (it's a chain) has appalling internet. People have shit to do.
    Like, I don't need it for Facebook, I NEED TO PLAN MY LIFE AND LOOK UP TRAIN TIMETABLES.

    Gah.

    Dad emailed me to say the Rakia made it home safe. Little does he know when we get home we are making everyone do a shot hahahaha
    Mum excluded cause she would actually die.
    We both hated it at first but it grows on you.

    I want to do a big family BBQ when we get back and we can do it then.
    *evil laugh*

    Gerty and Aggie better be excited to see me or they can sleep outside.

    I am disappointed... there is an opera toilet in the station which is flat out best idea ever BUT we took a different route home and I forgot about it until now and now it's to late. 😭
    I wanted to poop to pretty music.

    We are dorming with an Indian man and he is so smelly.
    Do they not use deodorant or does it just not work?!?!
    Read more