Satellite
  • Day 19

    London, England

    September 7, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    St Paul's Cathedral has stood for over 1400 years, the present Cathedral was designed by Christopher Wren. The inside of the Cathedral is magnificent, although we were unable to take photos. We managed to climb the 528 steps, a height of 85 metres, from the Cathedral floor to the Golden Gallery. The Golden Gallery allows you to walk around the outside of the top of the Cathedral, from there you have a great view of London in all directions, as long as the weather holds. Then it was off to Westminster Abbey, again no photos allowed. We did the audio tour here as well. To me it was a little morbid as the whole church is one big mausoleum for the kings and queens who died up until 1760. It is also where all the coronations of the monarch have taken place and a number of weddings.

    We then walked past St James Park on our way to the Horse Guards Parade before seeing 10 Downing Street. You can't get close to No. 10 as it is barricaded and heavily guarded. We again visited Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus for a little shopping and lastly Leicester Square to see M & M World and Lego World before having an earlier day.
    Read more